Help With Tourist Roaming House License

So, you have decided to rent your Cabin on Airbnb! Great! It’s time to start earning some money… oh wait… ignorance isn’t bliss! It could cost you a lot of money in fines if you don’t check with your governing authority.

The state of Wisconsin requires all short term rental properties to acquire a Tourist Roaming House License in order to short-term rent your property, room or even your sofa. In order to obtain this license you must meet all the requirements, check every box for an inspection, pay fees and renew annually.

Here is some of what you can expect from the application process from Polk County, WI:

  1. Pay a license fee and inspection fees
  2. Obtain a land survey
  3. Confirm septic system compliance
  4. Confirm water quality
  5. Home inspection
  6. and more….

Rosebud Vacations is familiar with helping hosts obtain their Tourist Roaming House License in Wisconsin and includes this help in the Airbnb Consulting Service. Airbnb Consulting Service can include advising on property design and optional amenities, acquiring cleaning services, Airbnb guest leases, pricing, Airbnb account creation, listing creation, facilitating professional photography, calendar sharing, hiring services, and more! If you would like to learn more or setup a free listing evaluation please visit our Services page, or Contact Laura at or 763-732-8272

Contact us for more information

For more information from the state of Wisconsin Tourist Roaming Houses License follow the link HERE.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: